The glam of new years is almost over now since it is 12:45 pm and everyone has exchanged their cheers! I am sure many people have cheffed up a whole boat load of resolutions involving fitness that they are going to accomplish in the big ol’ 2012. Personally I do not make resolutions for a new year..why you ask? Because I set goals ALL THE TIME. For me it doesn’t have to be the turn of a year for me to change my life. If on March 16th I feel like I need to make a change I will start the process then; I do not need to wait. None the less staying healthy is important; here are some Teagantips to kick your new years resolutions in the butt.
5 Fitness New Years Resolution Tips
- Make a goal about changing your lifestyle to a healthy balanced one; do not just set a weight loss goal. Once you meet your goal weight you might be washed up on shore with nothing left to strive for. Strive for change and healthy living not numbers.
- Do not let others influence you if you really want to inspire change. If you are going to cut out smoking stay AWAY from those who smoke. Good friends support they do not enable.
- Make a routine you can stick to. Hold your self accountable. The first 3 weeks of January are a zoo at gyms and gym regulars notice all the new years resolution folks like a red wine stain on a white carpet. Because as the weeks go on the stain fades, ie the resolutioners fade away and it is back the usual folks.
- Check out http://www.bodybuilding.com for a boat load of great workouts w/ videos included in many!
- If your goals has to do with running and or triathlons; set goal races now. Do your research, train, and get excited about these events. They will probably change you life. I have a whole page for my 2012 race goals and I look forward to each.
- Log your weekly mileage in an excel worksheet or a little notebook this helps you track progress. Also do not lie in your log; that is only cheating yourself.
- Buy yourself a good pair of running shoes.
- Smile and have fun always. The pain will eventually go away.